With the Bakery established, Wilhelm was able to return to Germany to gather and move his wife Amalia and two children Frank and Wilhelmina to Columbus. Back in Ohio the couple welcomed their third child William as Wilhelm and his uncle improved sales at the bakery. By 1920 Uncle Frank had had enough baking and leased his interest to his nephew Wilhelm. In 1938 Wilhelm purchased the Bakery outright from his Aunt after Uncle Frank’s untimely death. Also that year at age 24, Wilhelm’s son Frank started working in the bakery finding he had a special talent baking and decorating cakes of all description. Shorty after World War II Wilhelm retired leaving sons Frank and William to carry on as the third generation of Resch bakers. Together they toiled along supplying Columbus the famed donuts, cakes, breads, and cookies we still enjoy today. By the 1950s William sold his share to Frank who by the 1960s built our present building at 4061 E. Livingston Ave.
|Wilhelm Resch & Son Frank - 1913 inside Bakery|